We know your holiday is very important to you. It is very important to us since we want you to enjoy it and continue to travel with COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD in the future. We also care about our reputation and want to be sure you understand your commitment when signing the booking form, therefore we would be pleased if you would spend a few minutes reading the booking conditions below as they detail your commitment to us and our obligations to you, when a contract is made between us.
1. How do I make a contract with you? You can make the contract in a number of ways, by telephone or visiting our booking office. When making the contract for yourself and the others named in your party, you do so having read, understood and accepted our booking conditions and the Holiday information provided. When you make your booking you must pay a deposit for every person named on the booking, details of which are listed below. If you book within the balance due date, which is six weeks before the date of departure, you must pay the total price of the holiday (including any insurance premiums) at the time you book. You must pay the balance of the price of the holiday on or before the balance due date. No further reminders will be sent. If you do not, we will cancel your booking and you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in section 5. The contract between us is made when your booking is entered on our computer and a booking reference number is produced. At that moment the contract between us begins. We will send you a confirmation within 14 days of the receipt of your payment. Please check it carefully to ensure all the details are correct.
2. What do I have to pay and when? When you make a contract we accept it on the terms set out in this brochure, a deposit is required within 7 days, £40 for UK Holidays and £50 for Continental Holidays. Your obligation is to pay the price of the holiday and recognise your liabilities if you wish to alter the holiday or have to make a cancellation. On our part we have obligations to provide you with the holiday you have booked. Our specification of that holiday and our terms are clearly stated in this brochure. Your contract is entered into with COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD. These booking conditions apply to all holidays sold from this brochure and all supplementary advertising publications.
3. Special Requests - Should you have any special requests (such as low floor rooms, sea view, adjoining rooms) you MUST advise us at the time of booking. We will then pass on your special request to the hotel(s) concerned. We generally receive many requests, however, and under no circumstances can we guarantee that they will be met or that the hotel(s) is/are able to provide the requested facility. We cannot, therefore, accept a booking which is made conditional upon a special request being satisfied.
4. If you change your booking - If, after our confirmation has been issued, you wish to change to another of our current holidays or change the departure date, we will do our utmost to make the changes, you should notify us in writing, and that request must be from the person responsible for the original reservation. Such a request must be made before the date that the original balance becomes due, and be accompanied by an administration
fee of £10. Any alteration made after the original balance is due, will be regarded as a cancellation, and will be subject to the charges set out in our cancellation terms in paragraph 5.
5. If you cancel your holiday - You, or any members of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person who signed the booking form and is communicated in writing, direct to COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD. As this incurs administrative costs we will retain your deposit and, in addition, apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below: All deposits are non-refundable. 42 to 29 days = 40%, 28 to 15 days = 60%, 14 days to 0 days = 100% or after departure date NB Insurance premiums are non-refundable.
6. Other Terms - On holiday you may not bring a pet (other than Guide Dogs in the UK and Eire only and by arrangement). You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the departure point at the correct time, and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of their late arrival at any departure point. On occasions due to different vehicle seating configurations, we may find it necessary to alter seating on the coach. Excursions are included in most holidays and COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD reserve the right to determine the schedule, days of operation and if necessary may alter their content without prior notice for the benefit of our clients, or due to events beyond our control. No refund can be made to passengers not wishing to travel on inclusive excursions.
7. Health - Under normal circumstances most Western European Countries do not require visitors to be vaccinated. However, we will indicate any known vaccination or other health requirements where possible for each country to be visited. You are advised to check with your own doctor before travelling.
8. Passport & Visa Requirements - For all Continental Holidays you will require a full ten year British Passport. If you have any doubts about your status as resident British subject or you do not hold a full British Passport, you must check with the Embassies or Consulates of the countries to be visited to confirm the passport or visa requirements
needed in your particular circumstances. We cannot accept responsibility if passengers are not in possession of the correct travel documents.
9. Unreasonable conduct - COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD reserves the unconditional right to refuse a booking or terminate a clients holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct which in COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTDs opinion is likely to cause damage, distress, danger or annoyance to other clients, employees, property or to any third party. If you are prevented from travelling or continuing your holiday by such a termination, COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD responsibility for your holiday ceases. Full cancellation charges will apply and COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD will be under no obligation for any refund, compensation or loss which you may incur.
10. Our responsibility to you if we change your holiday arrangements - We plan our holiday many months in advance to ensure maximum enjoyment. Although unlikely, it is possible that due to circumstances beyond our control, i.e. ferry disputes/hotel closures/sales of particular holiday not reaching a level which would be economical for us to operate, some changes may have to be made. Sometimes major changes are necessary. These are changes to your UK departure point, and time of departure by more than 12 hours. However, where before departure we have to alter significantly an essential term of this contract, such as price, location of resort, quality of main hotel or tour itinerary changes involving a destination being eliminated, we will notify you of the change as soon as possible. In such circumstances you will be given the following options:
(a) to accept changes to the contract. (b) to take a substitute holiday of equivalent or superior quality if we are able to offer you one; or (c) to take a substitute holiday of lower quality if we are able to offer you one and to recover from us the difference between the price of the original holiday and that of the substitute holiday or; (d) to have repaid to you as soon as possible all the monies paid by you under this contract. If you choose (a), (b) or (c) we will pay you compensation on the scale below. If you choose (d) we will refund all monies paid by you, plus compensation on the scale below. Period of notification given prior to departure date and compensation offered. Within 6 weeks - NIL. Within 2 weeks - £10. Within 1 week - £15. Note: compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reason of war (or threat of war), riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, government legislation, natural and nuclear disaster and similar events beyond control. No other claims for compensation or expenses will be considered.
11. Your holiday - We accept responsibilities not only for the acts and omissions of our employees and agents, but also for those suppliers with whom we contract to provide a holiday of reasonable standard. This paragraph does not apply to claims relating to death, bodily injury, illness or personal property (see below). Our liability in all cases shall be limited to a maximum of twice the value of the holiday invoice. Customer care - We aim to provide you with the best holiday possible, but in the unlikely event that a problem should arise, you must bring this to the attention of your drivers/hotel manager, so that we can resolve the matter on the spot. Once reported to the driver and hotel and you feel, however, that the complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, please contact us within 28 days of your arrival home, by writing to The Customer Relations Department, COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD, Foxs Lane, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 1PA, stating clearly your invoice number, departure date, resort and the name of hotel. With this information we will be able to deal with your complaint promptly. The main objective is to resolve any disputes immediately while you are still on holiday.
12. Statutory Authorities - This brochure is issued subject to applicable Acts of Parliament and Government Regulations and the company reserves the right to modify itineraries to conform with requests from the competent authorities in the United Kingdom and any other sovereign state through which the tours run.
13. Special offer late availability tours - On all tours advertised as above. COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD will only pay compensation due to late cancellation if the tour is cancelled within 7 days of departure. The amount of compensation will be £5.
14. Personal injury - We also accept responsibility for the negligent acts and/or omissions, not only of our employees or agents, but also of our suppliers and sub-contractors or agents (provided of course that any such negligent act or omission is within the scope of, or in the course of their employment) in respect of claims arising as a result of death, bodily injury or illness caused to the person who signed the booking form and/or any other person on the booking form. Our liability is limited to that provided by the relevant international convention.
15. Other misadventure - If you, or any of those named on the booking form, have the misadventure to suffer illness, personal injury or death during your holiday, arising out of an activity which does not form part of our foreign inclusive holiday arrangements with you, or any excursion offered through us, we will offer, where appropriate and within our reasonable discretion: (i) Our general assistance (ii) The payments of initial legal costs, where with our prior agreement you, or any other of those named in your booking, take legal action, provided such assistance is requested within 90 days from the total aggregate spending under (i) and (ii) above shall not exceed £5,000 per booking form.
Paragraph (ii) above will only apply if you do not have a legal expense section in your holiday insurance policy. Furthermore, in the event of there being a successful claim for the cost against a third party, costs actually incurred by us will be recovered from you. Claims under this section should be addressed to: The Customer Relations Department, COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD, Wolverhampton. All claims under this section shall be in respect of both liability and quantum fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of the country in which our contract with you was made.
16. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE - Holiday prices include all coach travel, hotel accommodation and meals specified in the holiday description and VAT at the current rate where applicable. Unless otherwise stated in our brochure morning coffee, afternoon tea and other refreshments are not included. Some hotels make a small additional charge for porterage and tea or coffee served after lunch and dinner. Gratuities to the hotel staff and driver/couriers are discretionary. Partial Price Guarantees Price guaranteed except for certain items allowed (i) We guarantee that the price of your holiday will not be subject to any surcharge except in the case of variations in: transportation costs, including the cost of fuel; dues, taxes (including the rate of VAT), or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports. Exchange rates applied to the particular package Even in this case, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premium and any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged.
(iii) Revised changes to any given variable will be calculated by taking the total change in the variable element concerned in relation to each passenger. This amount will then be added to or deducted from the original holiday price exclusive of VAT. The revised VAT will then be added to the new VAT exclusive price to arrive at the revised VAT inclusive price.
(iv) If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any premium paid to us for holiday insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on the invoice. Surcharges will not be imposed within 30 days of departure unless the holiday is booked within that period. Prices include all known costs at the time of publication, and are based on the following currency rate published in the financial Times on Wednesday 27th September 2006 All Rates are Sterling - Euro 1.492
Holiday Insurance - For residents of the United Kingdom, COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD Holidays have arranged package travel insurance with Chase Parkinson Limited, through whom we are able to offer insurance at very competitive rates. Insurance is compulsory on all continental holidays and although not compulsory on UK holidays, we strongly advise that it is purchased as protection against unforeseen eventualities. Please see insurance at a glance on adjacent page.
Data Protection Statement - Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements.
The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will only pass your information on to persons responsible for your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.) Full details of our data Protection policy are available upon request.
Total Security COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD Holidays Client Trust Account
In accordance with the EC Directive 90/314/EC all passengers booking with COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD are fully protected for the Initial Deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid to us including repatriation, if required, arising from cancellation or curtailment of their travel arrangements due to the insolvency of the COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD Group. Total security for all repayments are held at the Lloyds Bank, Queen Square, Wolverhampton. Trustees of account Directors of COACH TOURS AND TRAVEL LTD Issue date September 2016