1. CTT reserve the right to cancel any trip due to lack of demand up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to travel.
2. CTT may find it necessary to amend pick-up times, itineraries or prices published on the website or brochure.
3. CTT will not be held responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers or their belongings through a third party. Passengers are advised to ensure they have adequate insurance protection to cover all eventualities.
4. CTT cannot be held responsible for any changes in the personal, performance or seating arrangements of any production or event.
(a) If a cancellation has to be made by CTT a full refund of all monies paid by the customer will be offered;
(b) If a cancellation is made by customers of seven days or less prior to the date of travel no refund can be made;
(c) If a cancellation is made by customers of more than seven days prior to the date of travel then the customer can immediately transfer to another trip or have a refund, minus the cost of any entrance tickets that may have been purchased.
6. Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
7. CTT reserves the right to substitute our normal touring coach with a smaller vehicle if passengers numbers are low, in these situations pick up times and seat allocations may change.
8. CTT cannot be liable for the failure of auxiliary equipment fitted to our vehicles, for instance, DVD player, Drinks machine, Air-Conditioning etc.
9. Passengers are required to occupy the allocated seats on all parts of the journey.
10. CTT cannot be held responsible for any items left on our vehicles.
11. No smoking is permitted on coaches this includes any electronic smoking device.
12. CTT may find it necessary to change vehicles for operational purposes.
13. CTT may find it necessary to implement a fuel surcharge per person on prices published on our website.
14. Should the need arise CTT may use the services of a third party operator.
15. CTT would emphasise that each passenger is responsible for ensuring that they are at the correct departure point at the correct time and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of their late arrival.
16. During all travel in the UK the Public Service Vehicle regulations apply. When travelling outside the UK all regulations for that Country shall apply.
17. It is responsibility of passengers to ensure they have all relevant documentation including valid full passport when appropriate.
18. CTT cannot be held responsible for the repatriation of any passenger (s) due to lateness at any pick-up point.
19. Motorised wheelchairs - Prior arrangements must be agreed with the office due to capacity of each individual trip. Owners are responsible for the loading and unloading of these vehicles at all times (not our driver) CTT will not be held responsible for any damage caused to these vehicles.
20. CTT reserves the right to refuse anyone that it deems to be a nuisance or danger to its employees or passengers and may ask the police to assist in requiring a person to alight and may even prosecute such offenders. No compensation or refund will be made to such offenders.
21. Food and Drinks are not to be consumed on CTT vehicles.
22. Some of our vehicles are fitted with CCTV for the safety and comfort of our passengers. The recording and monitoring of both pictures and sound is conducted for the purpose of public and staff safety, crime prevention, detection and prosecution of offenders, compliance with CTT (Wolverhampton) Ltd internal standards and procedures, and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
23. We will refuse a booking or terminate a passenger's travel in the event of unreasonable conduct. Any damage sustained to the vehicle as a result of unreasonable conduct will result in additional charges to cover rectification and vehicle substitution if necessary. If the vehicle has been soiled to a unreasonable degree then a fixed fee 0f £95.00 will be made to cover the cleaning costs.